- We only accept films in ENGLISH or with ENGLISH SUBTITLES.
- all film projects should be made (premiered) on or after 1 January 2019.
- Only one film project per director is allowed to compete. Production companies and distributors can submit as many films as they wish but MUST be made by different directors. In case a single director submitted more than one film we have the liberty to disqualify the second one randomly.
- We accept only films that comply with Islamic morals and values. Nudity, drug use, explicit sex scenes, vulgar language, and so on are not accepted. If your artwork breaches this condition and you submit it anyway then the MFF committee or jury panel will not accept it for consideration. No refund will be issued.
If you are in doubt please email us before you submit your film on email@example.com
- The Judging panel is not required to give reasons why a particular film was not accepted in the MFF official selection. However, the winners may receive feedback explaining why they won.
- Short films must not exceed the 40 minutes length requirement.
- Feature films must not exceed 140 minutes in length.
– All the films should be made after 1 January 2019.
- By submitting to the festival you give us the right to screen your film in front of a live audience at our venues Australia-wide in 2021, namely in Australia’s major capital cities such as Perth, Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane, and Canberra, and exclusively during the national event of MFF in September and October 2021.
- By submitting your film, you agree to our terms and conditions and give us permission to use your press kit for marketing purposes. Your personal information will never be shared with third parties.
- Selected films will be requested to provide all promotional materials for the promotion of the festival screening. We encourage you to submit a press kit upfront when you submit your film. Any submission missing media kit by the deadline would be considered INCOMPLETE.
- Media Kit MUST include a minimum of:
a- a trailer of no longer than 1 min, (you can submit two; one for Instagram and a longer one for other social media platforms.)
b- Director’s statement,
d- a FILM POSTER!
- All submitted film files should be DOWNLOADABLE by our staff or jury panel, in FULL HD and in either DCP, MOVIE, or MP4 files only.
If you have DCP copy we encourage you to submit it either upfront or later on when your film has been selected.
- Any submitted films which are found not downloadable, in FHD and not in English or with English subtitles, will be marked as incomplete. If you can not rectify that, the film will be rejected and no refund will be issued.
- Student filmmakers get a concession and they are highly encouraged to submit their films. We may ask for a student card or any other evidence to prove their status as students if needed.
- the filmmakers of the officially selected films will be requested to sign an indemnity form, as well as providing a copy of their photo ID, for security and safety purposes.
- We will have all selected films screened online (MFF 2021 COUCHED) along with our in-theatre screenings, to enable the maximum audience to watch your films. If you have concerns or simply you do not wish to participate in online screening then please let us know. We will send an agreement for this to everyone at due courses.