The Australian Muslim Film Festival “MFF” awaits you for 4 weekends of independent films made by Muslims, or telling stories about Muslims anywhere in the world, by anyone Muslim or non-Muslim!
Muslim Film Festival 2021 will be held in Melbourne, Perth, and potentially in Sydney and Brisbane if coronavirus lockdown eased by spring-fall 2021.
Our third annual event of MFF would be open to feature films, short films and animated films, fiction or documentary, with local and international entries from anywhere around the world.
Films have no religion! we all use moving pictures as a medium to tell a story or pass a message or change the world around us to a better place. So MFF is not about religion, but about a vast group of people and communities who happen to be followers of the Islamic faith. Thereafter, the major criteria for entry are that films should be either:
* MADE BY MUSLIMS,
* MADE BY NON-MUSLIMS BUT TELLING STORIES ABOUT MUSLIMS,
The festival aims to promote inclusion, tolerance, friendship, and introduce Muslim society’s culture and stories to a wider audience.
Our festival was founded to support and promote Muslim independent films from all around the world and will continue to do so. We recognise how difficult it is to get your film out there and find a platform where your film can reach the right audience. We aim to promote and provide exposure to these films and organise entertaining and culturally diverse sessions over several weekends across Australia’s major cities.
Our program will reflect the diversity and opportunities within Muslim communities in the West and all over the world, through fiction, animation, and documentary films and our goal is to show films that the audience would otherwise have not seen and left a lasting impact.
We look forward to seeing your submissions and welcoming you to the third year of the Muslim Film Festival between the 4th of 26th of September 2021.
- We only accept films in ENGLISH or with ENGLISH SUBTITLES.
- all film projects should be made (premiered) on or after 1 January 2019.
- Only one film project per director is allowed to compete. Production companies and distributors can submit as many films as they wish but MUST be made by different directors. In case a single director submitted more than one film we have the liberty to disqualify the second one randomly.
- We accept only films that comply with Islamic morals and values. Nudity, drug use, explicit sex scenes, vulgar language, and so on are not accepted. If your artwork breaches this condition and you submit it anyway then the MFF committee or jury panel will not accept it for consideration. No refund will be issued.
If you are in doubt please email us before you submit your film on firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Judging panel is not required to give reasons why a particular film was not accepted in the MFF official selection. However, the winners may receive feedback explaining why they won.
- Short films must not exceed the 40 minutes length requirement.
- Feature films must not exceed 140 minutes in length.
– All the films should be made after 1 January 2019.
- By submitting to the festival you give us the right to screen your film in front of a live audience at our venues Australia-wide in 2021, namely in Australia’s major capital cities such as Perth, Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane, and Canberra, and exclusively during the national event of MFF in September and October 2021.
- By submitting your film, you agree to our terms and conditions and give us permission to use your press kit for marketing purposes. Your personal information will never be shared with third parties.
- Selected films will be requested to provide all promotional materials for the promotion of the festival screening. We encourage you to submit a press kit upfront when you submit your film. Any submission missing media kit by the deadline would be considered INCOMPLETE.
- Media Kit MUST include a minimum of:
a- a trailer of no longer than 1 min, (you can submit two; one for Instagram and a longer one for other social media platforms.)
b- Director’s statement,
d- a FILM POSTER!
- All submitted film files should be DOWNLOADABLE by our staff or jury panel, in FULL HD and in either DCP, MOVIE, or MP4 files only.
If you have DCP copy we encourage you to submit it either upfront or later on when your film has been selected.
- Any submitted films which are found not downloadable, in FHD and not in English or with English subtitles, will be marked as incomplete. If you can not rectify that, the film will be rejected and no refund will be issued.
- Student filmmakers get a concession and they are highly encouraged to submit their films. We may ask for a student card or any other evidence to prove their status as students if needed.
- the filmmakers of the officially selected films will be requested to sign an indemnity form, as well as providing a copy of their photo ID, for security and safety purposes.
- We will have all selected films screened online (MFF 2021 COUCHED) along with our in-theatre screenings, to enable the maximum audience to watch your films. If you have concerns or simply you do not wish to participate in online screening then please let us know. We will send an agreement for this to everyone at due courses.